Rules prior to 2017:
- That this Association shall be called “York City & District Referee’s Association” (York RA) and shall be affiliated to the North Riding County Referee’s Association.
- The association shall consist of certified referees-past and present, who upon application are duly elected.
- The objects of the association shall be to provide opportunities for members to meet monthly for the discussion of matters relating to the work of referees.
- The officers of the Association shall consist of a President, Chairman, Immediate Past Chairman, Hon Secretary, Hon Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, and a committee of Five Members, all of whom will be elected at the AGM, which shall be held not later than the second week of July. Any committee member absent on three meetings, without explanation shall be removed and the committee may co-opt a new member.
- Meetings shall be held on the first Thursday of the month at 7.30, or as such other time as the secretary may determine.
- Members will pay such an annual subscription as is decided at the March meeting.
- At the AGM in each year, two Auditors shall be elected, four delegates to the North Riding County RA, and two delegates to the York FA Referees Committee.
- The committee have the power to deal with any matter not provided for in these rules.
- The York City & District RA (at their AGM ), have the power to make an Honorary Life Member of this branch, any member they feel is deserving of this honour.
- No alteration of these Rules are to be made except at the AGM. Notice of proposed alterations must be sent to the secretary at least 14 days prior to the date fixed for the AGM.
- York is to be the Headquarters of this Association.
- All communication is to be addressed to the secretary, who shall conduct the correspondence of the association.