Why join the RA?
The RA offers a number of benefits to members, including:
- local, free to attend monthly meetings with high-profile guest speakers
- comradeship and advice about refereeing from experienced colleagues
- in-service training opportunities and guidance
- representation of your interests at county and national levels
- personal accident insurance cover and equipment insurance while on refereeing duties
- motor legal aid insurance (even when not refereeing – you might already be paying £30 to £50 for this benefit!)
- access to great value kit and accessories
- access to the RA-FA incentive scheme
- free entry to the RA Annual Conference
Membership Fees 2014/15
|Over 75s (as of 1 August 2018)||£15|
|Under 18s (as of 1 August 2018)||£6|
|2nd year referee||£2|
|1st year referee||Free|
Please note that if you do not renew by 1 April 2014 you will not be covered by the RA Insurance.
Optional Physiocare deals are available for members, providing physio cover if you are injured during a game.
Silver Cover £25 – covers a maximum of 2 physiotherapy treatment sessions
Gold Cover £35 – covers a maximum of 4 physiotherapy treatment sessions
For more information, please see the IPRS Physiocare leaflet 2013.
PLEASE NOTE: Physiocare cover must be taken out when purchasing your RA membership, it cannot be added at a later date. Only injuries sustained after purchasing Physiocare will be covered.
Membership Form Download
If you’d like to join the RA and pay by cash or cheque, please download the York RA Membership Form and return it to the address shown on the form. You can also bring the form and payment to any RA meeting.